Monday, September 7, 2015

Online Scammer

So today I received an email from a woman from Malaysia about a guy who went by the name of Kelvin Yang who she met online. Here is a copy of the email she sent me and then I will include what I found when I researched this information.

Im from Malaysia and I knew a guy from Skout name 'Kelvin Yang'. He said he is Malaysian but stayed at UK and worked there.. He then asked me to use Wechat for conversation, and his Wechat name is 'Colleen Rogers'. His wechat ID is colleens42. His email address is kelvinyang111@yahoo.com. We chatted for about 2 months, and one day he said that he want to come to Malaysia and meet me, and he request to send his package to me while he need to travel to Canada for a project before he can come over to Malaysia. He did call me with cell phone# +447937445048 but i was not able to pick up, and i found this number tag to another wechat account with a chinese girl name and a few of chinese girl photos. He has another cell phone number +447937421459.



After few days. I received an email as well as call (number is +60164052462) from a so called Courier service name Quick Way Security. They called me and want me to pay rm4150 for the clearance and release order, charge of the diplomat/courier company as stated in our privacy terms and condition pay together with the local charge. The reason for this charges here is because of the extra charges due to excess weight. At the same time, Kelvin Yang also text me and want me to receive the luggage he said he send a lot of cash is the luggage and he dont wan to lost it.

Their account number is :

Bank name= cimb.

Acc name=Nurul Wahila Nasution,

acc number=7020411497



I bank in the money to the account after many calls by them. After a day, they called me again and sent email to me asking for money. This time is rm13750. They want me to pay this amount for the certificate of money laundering as they found 55000Euro in the luggage. Kelvin Yang also text me and want me to pay this amount to get the cash back! I told them I dont have this amount of money, and then they want me to pay for rm4500 with the reason of pay for the rest after receive the luggage. This time they want me send to :



Name: Yeni Marlina

Account number : 07280004361202

Bank: cimb bank



I only aware it is a scam at this time but it is too late as I already lost rm4150! I called the +60164052462, text Kelvin Yang as well as email to Quick way Diplomatic (quick_way.d@post.com) but no respond from them.

These are the photos that he sent to me. 





So here's what I found out about this information. First off I did a search on the email address of this supposed "courier company" and came up with a horrible looking free website http://quickwayexpresscourier.page.tl/ . They claim to have all these locations none of which I have been able to verify. I did a reverse research on the pictures that he sent to her and was not able to come up with anything. However, I searched the Yeni Marlina bank account and a scam site came up exposing it. I did a search on the numbers she gave me and was not able to come up with anything on most of them except for the +447937445048 which came up with some money making scam. 

The first red flag that you should notice that things aren't right is when someone gives you a name but then there online messenger name is someone totally different. The second of course is sending money over. NEVER send anyone that you meet online and do not know personally money. This poor woman lost just under $1000 USD and they wanted her to send more. Thankfully she did not send more because this is how they rope you in. They want you to send money and if they get someone who will do that then they ask for more and more. 

I am glad that this woman sent me this email and pictures so I can expose these scammers. Remember, if you have a scam story of your own please send it to my email address derekgray85@live.com. Give me as much information and pictures if you have them. I will then do my research and if in fact this comes out to be a scam I will post it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment