Friday, April 26, 2013

Lets have more people get out of the mainstream

We are expected to do several things in life. We are expected to go to school and get good grades. Then we are expected to go on to college and graduate with honors. We also need to get a job with a good salary then get married and have kids. What happens if we don't do those things?

Some people feel that if you don't do even one of these things that your life is ruined. They feel that if you don't go to college you will be working at a dead end job for the rest of your life. If you don't have a child then your life is going to be pointless. If you don't work at a place that pays you a nice salary of $40K a year then your screwed as well. If you tell people like this that you work on commission they will look at you like you have 3 heads. Since its not guaranteed pay your not good enough to even speak to them.

I couldn't disagree with this stuff more. So what if you don't go to college? I went to community college for 2 years and I got a certificate in computer applications. I fell short of a few credits for my associates degree. Does that make me a low life piece of shit? I am sure some people would agree. Especially since I went to community college which has some of the most inspirational teachers.

It is people like myself and other entrepreneurs that make the world a better place. So what if we are not being paid a guaranteed salary. People like Bill Gates and Steve Jobs are the ones that have made this world more innovated. Did they get a salary when they started out? Absolutely NOT! They probably worked 100+ hours a week at first and didn't make much of anything. Just like when we start a new business venture.

One of my favorite quotes from Steve Jobs is....


“Here's to the crazy ones, the misfits, the rebels, the troublemakers, the round pegs in the square holes... the ones who see things differently -- they're not fond of rules... You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them, but the only thing you can't do is ignore them because they change things... they push the human race forward, and while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius, because the ones who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world, are the ones who do.”

 

Every time I read this I get chills. This just proves that people like us are the ones who create the world we live in today. I am not the type of person to go to a 9-5 job and put up with the micromanaging assholes who run the company. I will not stay with a company just because I am making a good salary. We only get one life so lets make it count. We need to take risks. 



No comments:

Post a Comment