Friday, February 8, 2013

ADP Latest Scam Email

Today I received an email supposedly from ADP. The subject of it was ADP Payroll Invoice for week ending 02/08/2013 - 07661. This email contains a .zip file which will unzip into a .exe file which is most likely a virus or some other type of malware. I previously posted about another ADP email saved a lot of people from getting this virus so I hope this one will too! This is what the body of the email said which shows it came from ops_invoice@adp.com.

Your ADP Payroll invoice for last week is attached for your review. If you have any questions regarding this invoice, please contact your ADP service team at the number provided on the invoice for assistance.

Thank you for choosing ADP Payroll.

Important: Please do not respond to this message. It comes from an unattended mailbox.

 

14 comments:

  1. I got the same email 3 days ago. 2/18/2013

    ReplyDelete
  2. Got me today 2/19/2013, thanks for your service!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got the same one, today. Thank you for posting this warning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It does contain a virus - my Sophos Anti-Virus software detected it, quarantined it and cleaned it up

    ReplyDelete
  5. Got it today for payroll of 3.1.2013, funny i don't use ADP

    ReplyDelete
  6. we are currently being attacked by this VIRUS

    ReplyDelete
  7. I clicked on the zip file. How do I fix it now?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been getting the same darn email for weeks. Never opened it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We use APD so I opened it!! How do I get rid of virus. I on the latest Mac software!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jules, you shouldn't worry about it if you opened it with a mac. Mac does not understand an exe file.
      Have a great day.

      Delete
  10. I just got it too...March 17th. Almost opened it. Thanks for the warning.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I got it Last thursday on my personal mail, but the strange thing is that the zip attachment contained a bunch of documents that were inside the C disk of my work computer.

    ReplyDelete
  12. And the esset antivirus did nothing...

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's still out there... I got this on 03/MAR/13. Spam filter got it, so I never opened it. I received it on my work email, we use ADP, but none of my coworkers had it.

    ReplyDelete