Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Direct Deposit Decline Email

Today I received this email in my inbox from mishandleszop4129@sepsol.com. It appears to be from someone saying that my direct deposit was declined cause my software was out of date. It contains a link and when I hovered over it it says that it will go to masterpay.co.uk however, when you click on it it redirects you to a different site. I have omitted this fraudulent link from my post. This site looks like it has already been shutdown. This email was also CC'd to a bunch of other people with similar email addresses. Anyways if you receive it its a scam, just delete it.


Dear Customer,

We are sorry to notify you, that your latest Direct Deposit payment (ID724786390309) was disallowed,because your current Direct Deposit software version was out of date. Please visit the secure section of our web site to see the details:

Click here for more information

Please apply to your financial institution to obtain the necessary updates of the Direct Deposit software.

Yours faithfully,

ACH Network Rules Department
NACHA - The Electronic Payments Association


15712 Sunrise Valley Drive, Suite 688
Herndon, VA 20131
Phone: 703-561-8698 Fax: 703-787-6003

No comments:

Post a Comment