Friday, October 5, 2012

419 Scam

The other day I received this 419 scam email that is suppose to be for a job opportunity with Ferguson Plumbing Supplies Company. This is a real big legit company but obviously it is not really from them. This is what a lot of these scammers do. They send out emails pretending to be from a legit company so you agree to work for them. The way it usually works is they will send you a check for a certain amount. You then deposit the check into your bank account and you are required to take out a certain amount and send it to someone through Western Union. The check you put in your bank account looks real and it even clears the next day usually. However, once it is discovered to be fraudulent you will be responsible to repaying the bank that money. The address at the top of this email does not appear to be a real Ferguson address even though they have a location in this city. THIS EMAIL IS NOT FROM FERGUSON PLUMBING SUPPLIES COMPANY.

Ferguson Plumbing Supplies Company
150 Allen Lane,
Paducah, KY. 42001,

Pleasant day,
  If you have access to a computer, and have up to three hours spare time per-week. you can get paid, would you like to work part or full time online, and get paid  weekly? If yes,then please read carefully.
Ferguson is a diverse wholesale distributor with operations spanning multiple business groups. The company is ranked as the largest plumbing wholesaler in North America. Ferguson is also the industry's second largest distributor of pipes, valves and fittings, waterworks, and heating and cooling equipment in North America.
We are currently seeking part or full time employees for our ever-growing accounts receivable department.  Through extensive demographic research, we have discovered a wealth of untapped human resources that, for one reason or another, need the freedom to work from home.  If this sounds like you, please read on, and consider becoming part of our company family.
As part of our ongoing Multi Level Marketing Network,we seek capable individuals to work for us as our representative.You can easily make $700-$2000 or more in a week by working for us as Sub-contractor in your geographical location, you will be in charge of collecting payment on behalf of our affiliates and Small business organizations that are registered under us. Does it sounds like your dream job? Well, it certainly for 10,000+current members who are making $700- $2,000 weekly online with this system.

Note that no form of investment of is needed from you and this job will take only 1-3 hours of your time per week.
The position of Accounts Receivable officer entails the following duties:  co-ordinate payments from our clients, receive payments which come in form of certified checks or Cash(wire transfer), process payments at your local bank, and forward 95% of funds received to the proper branch office, as instructed.  The remaining 5% is your wage.  Since this position is need-based, you will have plenty of free time while enjoying a good income.
Every assignment in form of payment received from clients, you're entitled to 10% which excludes the cost of processing to any regional office accountant.

Also you get a monthly salary of $1,500 which comes at the end of every month, plus other incentives and benefits that accrue, which includes tax holidays.
Interested applicants should reply with FULL NAMES,RESISDENTIAL ADDESS,PHONE NUMBERS,MARITAL STATUS, AGE so that one of our Human Resource Managers can contact you through email, with an approval letter if the management decides you are a successful candidate.  Please specify the best way to contact you in your reply email.Below is the Email required to contact the HR Department

Email :   

We appreciate your interest in Ferguson Plumbing Supplies Company.

David Miller
Human Resources Department,
Ferguson Enterprises,
150 Allen Lane
Paducah, KY 42001-9141,

Notice the email address? They can't even spell the company name right! Remember, the from email address may show that it is from a legit company. However the reply to address and any email address they give in the body of the email goes to them, the scammer (

No comments:

Post a Comment