Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Scam e-mails with attachments

The past couple of days I have gotten 2 different e-mails. One was from DHL telling me to open up a zip file they attached to view a package that was sent to my address. When I unzipped the file it had an executable program to click on. Of course I didn't click on it assuming that it is a virus of some sort. Now I forgot to save that e-mail to copy and past what it said but I got another e-mail today claiming to be from American Airlines. Obviously these e-mails are not from the places they are claiming to be from. These are just scammers trying to get you to load a malicious program on your computer. Remember, do not open these files if you receive an e-mail like this.


Dear Customer,

FLIGHT NUMBER AA532
ELECTRONIC 888026564
DATE & TIME / JANUARY 11, 2012, 10:22 PM
ARRIVING / Denver
TOTAL PRICE / 278.32 USD

Please find your ticket attached.
You can print your ticket.

Thank you
American Airlines.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for your information. Even i got some mail like that.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete