Sunday, July 24, 2011

Florida A Scam State?

I first want to point out that not all businesses in Florida are a scam. There are scam companies all over the world. However, when it comes to the US it seems like many of these companies are out of Florida. So I have been asking myself why. Here is what I could come up with. Remember, these are all my opinions and not facts. First off in Florida you can "homestead" a property. This means that when you have a judgment against you there cannot be a forced sale on your house. So creditors cannot take your house. Another thing is Florida is close to other countries such as the Bahamas. Being in the Judgment Recovery business I have seen a lot of people out of Florida have bank accounts in the Bahamas so the creditors cannot touch their money. This has become a huge problems for creditors trying to recover what is owed to them. I always said that if I ever got a judgment against me and had assets I would move down to Florida. Tons of rich people are down there that owe everyone and their mother money and they cannot be touched. If you have been the victim of a scam and the company is based in Florida please contact the attorney generals office at 1-866-966-7226. This is a very short blog entry but I just needed to get this point across.

No comments:

Post a Comment