Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Door to door sales people

I don't know about you guys but I am sick and tired of these door to door sales people coming around trying to sell me magazines. I haven't had a kirby person come around (yet anyways...) but the magazine people I have had a few different times. Last night around 8 pm there was a person who came to my door at my condo. I opened the door thinking it might be one of my neighbors. When I opened the door it was some young kid who was pitching me about how he was trying to win a trip to Germany to go to oktoberfest. Now the last time someone tried to sell me magazines was at my old house and I slammed the door on his face. I then saw him a couple days later going into my friends house trying to pitch his mom. He had a sign saying no trespassing on his property but the guy completely disregarded it. I am thinking of putting a no solicitation sign on my door. Now back to the kid who came to my door yesterday. He kept asking me to give him a high 5 trying to get me all excited. Of course it didn't work. He told me what he was selling was "cheap and easy like his last girlfriend". I told him I didn't have any money and he said "but its cheap and easy". I said I know it is but I don't have any money to spend. He then said ok thank you and went next door. I am wondering what these people said to him but it didn't take long for him to completely leave this building. You see these magazine sales jobs posted on craigslist of course. They always say like between 18-15 or something. I know that the economy is rough out there and these kids are just looking to make a living but doing door to door sales is just a racket. There have been numerous complaints about these door to door magazine sales including sales people that have gone missing and been murdered because they drop them off in bad neighborhoods. A couple years ago me and friends were at the mall and some kid came up to us trying to sell us magazines. The kid said that he was trying to win a trip to Jamaica to smoke some ganja. I walked away and he tried to pitch a couple of my friends that were girls and he said "come on buy off me because im good looking". They were like no you aren't then walked away. I am interested to hear what other people have to say about this. Especially ones that have encountered these people which I am sure is many.



No comments:

Post a Comment